- The Communications and Media Use Survey generates a comprehensive media usage profile of your patrons (social media, digital media, radio, TV, print publications). The protocol requires a high level of customization to reflect the local media market.
- The Demographics and Buyer Behavior Survey yields a detailed profile of your patrons in terms of demographics, family lifecycle, transportation, social organizing behavior, motivations, and how they relate to your organization.
- The Audience Experience Survey tracks audience members’ background in the arts. It also asks about their aspirational level of engagement, experience mapping, friction with customer touchpoints, safety concerns, and preferences for engaging before, during, and after performances (a discipline-specific protocol).
- The Programming Preferences Survey develops a taste profile of your patron base. It covers preferences for genres, subgenres, and formats, indicators of risk and adventurousness, interest in digital programming and immersive experiences (a discipline-specific protocol).
Special Topic Surveys
- The Donor Motivations Survey unearths the driving forces motivating donors to give.
- The IDEA Study Phase 1 assesses audience attitudes about inclusion, diversity, and equity. Phase 2 delves deeply into the accessibility needs of audiences.
Post-Event Feedback Surveys
WolfBrown is an industry leader in designing and implementing Post-Event Feedback Surveys (previously called Intrinsic Impact). We have supported hundreds of performing arts organizations in this area for over 20 years. Our survey support program is now a service under the Audience Outlook Monitor program.
At the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020, WolfBrown discerned a sector-wide need to understand how audiences felt about going out again in light of rapidly changing epidemiological conditions. The Audience Outlook Monitor COVID-19 Study was launched as a longitudinal tracking study. We worked with participating organizations collecting data from their ticket buyers on a monthly basis using a standardized survey protocol.
The protocol was updated regularly to respond to changing questions. Over 650 cultural organizations in four countries participated in the first phase of the study, which continued throughout 2021 and 2022. Participating organizations were grouped into regional cohorts or discipline-based cohorts, each supported by a partner organization. Throughout the three-year study, hundreds of cultural leaders participated in regular webinars and briefings to understand important shifts in consumer sentiment.