Welcome to Audience Outlook Monitor, a community of research-minded arts and culture professionals dedicated to learning about audiences, led by WolfBrown.
AOM community members may elect to join any of our low-cost cohort studies and may participate in free professional development activities throughout the year.
Free Professional Development Opportunities
For 2023, AOM community activities will revolve around the topic of the future of customer relationships in the arts. Over the course of the year – and with your help – we’ll bring shape to a major research effort for 2024 that will inform the sector’s efforts to diversify customer relationships.
Join us for our first webinar, a facilitated discussion!
To kick off this ambitious journey, we’ve invited a small group of diverse thought leaders to consider the question, “What problem are we solving?” As a model, how well does subscription serve arts organizations? How well does it serve customers? What other behaviors should we be motivating, besides advance purchase? Are we conflating frequency with affinity and passion for the art? What other types of relationships might capture loyalty, affinity, social fulfillment, curiosity and passion, and speak to the lives of current day arts consumers? And, finally, what research questions must be answered in order to move the field forward? As always, your comments and questions will be valued.
Interrogating Marketing Relationships: What Problem Are We Solving?
Date: Wednesday, May 3
Time: 1:00-2:00 PM EDT | 10:00 – 11:00 AM PDT
- Lynne Conner, Ph.D., Interim Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Theatre, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- PennyMaria Jackson, Director of Marketing and Communications, Steppenwolf
- Anne Torregiani, Chief Executive Officer, The Audience Agency
- Alan Brown, Managing Principal, WolfBrown (moderator)
Cost: Free | Register
Introducing Basic and Special Topic Surveys
Our radically new cohort model for audience research was developed over two years during the Covid-19 pandemic and is now a permanent program. AOM surveys are alow-cost alternative to expensive, customized market research.
Four Basic Surveys cover the core research topics of greatest interest to most organizations. Each of these surveys will deploy once per year in a cohort. To gain trend data, you may wish to repeat one or more of them annually or every other year.
1. Demographics and Buyer Behavior Survey – AVAILABLE NOW
2. Communications and Media Use Survey – AVAILABLE NOW
3. Audience Experience Survey
4. Programming Preferences Survey
We’ll also continue to bring forward Special Topics Surveys addressing urgent issues facing our sector, as with the Covid-19 Study, which launched in 2020.
5. The IDEA Study, Phase 1 assesses audience attitudes about inclusion, diversity, and equity
6. Donor Motivations Survey